Tuesday 23 June 2015

Relive The Backtracks (2)

It's been a while since I last posted relive the backtracks. 
This time is going to be Gavin Degraw's Fire

I felt this song just goes well together, in the spirit of the Sea Games that just ended a week ago. When I first heard it last year, I initially thought it was a song for the Commonwealth Games cus it was released around the same time as the Games. But, it was just one of his many singles.

I honestly think this song has the potential to do really well as an official song for any worldwide sporting events such as the Olympics. Being one of the more recent songs, you would expect it to do well in terms of number of views. Reaching almost 4 million in less than a year is pretty decent but I think it deserves way more than that. What I really like about the song is that it has an awesome melody and beat that really pumps you up. Kinda like a great epic motivation song. 



Many may not know who Gavin Degraw is or you may have only heard his name before. But hes actually the voice behind the popular hit song back in 2003, "I Don't Want to Be". Check it out below!



After years of not hearing and keeping updated with such old time artists, it's really refreshing to listen back to other songs that they have made throughout the many years. Gavin Degraw has several other hidden gem songs as well but its a lot to list out. "Follow Through", "In Love with a Girl" and "Chariot" are some of my favourites from him, just to name a few. 


No comments:

Post a Comment