Friday 12 December 2014

Big Hero 6 ft. Feast

[SPOILER ALERT] Before you read this, be aware that some content from this post may contain spoilers. 

 
(Photos by Google)

I am probably one of the last few people to watch this on the big screens before it ends. By the time you guys read this post, I believe most of you would have watch this movie already. Been really busy with school lately, but after watching the trailer and hearing so many positive reviews, I knew I must not miss it!

It was a joy watching Big Hero 6. Super funny and cute with a hint of some touching moments. Im absolutely in love with Baymax, cuteness overload! I feel that he is one of the more different and interesting characters Disney has made so far. Possibly, being the next most popular Disney character behind Frozen. 

However, I wasn't particularly crazy about the storyline. I was hoping for some real awesome fighting scenes and a more cooler villain. The ending also got me a little confused. How is it even possible that his healthcare chip just so happen to out of miracle appear in his hands? It is also shown that whenever his healthcare chip is removed, his evil chip will be activated but that didn't happen. I feel bad for the Baymax that was stuck and forgotten in the portal. Hiro went and made a new Baymax but it just wouldn't be the same. Seems like a desperate attempt for a happy ending.

Verdict: 4.1/5 

(Still, I do think it is worth watching. The comedy factor kinda made up for it. There was actually an extra part shown at the end credits but you have to wait for literally every credit to finish rolling which can take up to 5 minutes. It showed Fred accidentally opening a secret room in his family's mansion and finds superhero gear inside. Ooo mysterious eh? So, most likely there will be a sequel which I will definitely be looking forward to.)


A 6 minutes film was shown at the beginning of the movie called Feast. To be honest, I think that Feast was incredibly moving which undermined Big Hero 6 a little. It had a simple yet touching plot. I nearly cried by the end of it but I had to switch myself back to watching Big Hero 6. I didn't even know about it, so it was quite a pleasant surprise. For those who missed it or may not know about, here's a trailer for you guys to check it out!




No comments:

Post a Comment