Friday 19 December 2014

Relive the Backtracks (1)

There has always been talk about the most current hits by the most popular artistes. So, to change it up and give light on some hidden gems, I will be reviewing songs from the past that should be reborn today. This will be a recurring segment ; most likely I will be posting once a month or more depending on my mood. The songs picked are mostly underrated or just simply timeless.

Let's start off the first RTB post with Charlotte Church's Casualty of Love!

It was really hard to find this song. Whenever, I search the song on Google or Youtube, it pops up Jessie J's Casualty of Love. I mean c'mon! They were only a few videos on Youtube with the track on it and covers. At least, some people has got great taste in music. Still, its unbelievable that these videos had like less than 10,000 views. 

This song was from Charlotte's fifth studio album called Tissues and Issues which was recorded way back in 2005. What I really love most about it, is the catchy spanish guitar play which goes really well with Charlotte's sopranic voice. Gosh, her voice is so amazing and captivating especially hitting those high notes. I so wish I could sing like her. I'm not sure whether many may know or heard of her but she had her breakthrough at only 12 years old. She was really known back then in the late 90s for having a huge sopranic voice at such a young age. After her teenage years, I've never really heard from her since until this song came.

 I think the song deserves a lot more recognition than what it is having now which is.......
 practically having almost none. If you have not heard it yet, it's time to check out the track below: 


If you have any other suggestions for any songs that you think should be in RTB, do leave a comment below and I might just write about it. Have a great weekend ahead!


No comments:

Post a Comment